Have you just finished your PhD and are you looking for a new position?
Or are you just wondering how you can join us?
Here, some ideas that can help you 🙂
1. Newton International Fellowship Scheme 2020
The Newton International Fellowship Scheme was established in 2008 to select the very best early career postdoctoral researchers from all over the world, and enable them to work at UK research institutions for two years. Newton International Fellowships are made available by the Royal Society, British Academy and Academy of Medical Sciences.
The Newton International Fellowships provide funding for two years, covering:
- subsistence, at a fixed rate of £24,000 per annum
- research expenses
- relocation expenses
- contribution to overheads at UK Host Organisation
|Submission Opening||Thursday, 23 January 2020|
|Submission Closing||Thursday, 26 March 2020 (15:00 UK time)|
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts
- have no more than 7 years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry)
- be working outside the UK
- not hold UK citizenship
- be competent in oral and written English
- have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist
2. EPSRC Post-Doctoral Fellowship
EPSRC fellowships support talented and ambitious researchers to deliver research excellence andlead our research base in the evolution of a modern working culture.
There are available funding opportunities for:
- EPSRC Post-doctoral Fellowships
- EPSRC Open Fellowships
You can apply for up to three years of support for post-doctoral awards, and up to five years of support for open awards.
Research grants are open to UK higher education institutions (included UCL), research council institutes, UKRI- approved independent research organisations and NHS bodies with research capacity.
All details are available here.