Funding as main PI
- SFI-EPSRC Research Standard Grant, “Spherystream” (£258,000), 2021-2023. Funding one researcher in my group for two years plus equipment and travels.
- Cisco Academic Funds for the research project “Self-Learning Networks for Dynamic IoT Traffic” ($99,000), 2019-2020. Funding one PhD student in my group for three years plus equipment and travels.
- Adobe Donation for the research project “User-Centric Spherical Adaptive Streaming for Immersive Communications” ($50,000), 2017-2018. Funding collaborative research between UCL and Adobe San Jose’- USA.
- IES Royal Society for the research collaborative project “User-centric Omnidirectional Video Streaming for VR” (£12,000), 2018-2020. Funding travels between UCL and CWI.
- Overseas Research Scholarship, UCL. “Large Scale Recommendation Systems” (£74,720), 2018-202 (40 awards annually across all UCL faculties). Funding one PhD student in my group for four years.
- Doctoral Training Partnerships Scholarship, EPSRC. “Data-efficient reinforcement learning” (£90,672), 2017-2012. Funding one PhD student in my group for four years plus travels.
- UCL Feature Leaders Award “Graph-based learning for IoT networks” (£59,000), 2016, funding a 6-months long internship position plus equipment.
Funding as co-PI
- Newton Advanced Fellowships (Royal Society) for the research collaborative project “Human QoE vs. Machine QoE: Being Content in Video Applications”, (£72,075.00), 2020-2022. Funding 10%FTE of my time, and 1 year 100%FTE researcher, and travel between UK and Turkish universities.
- EPSRC Capital Award for Early Career Researchers, “Simulator for autonomous driving”, (£99’000)
- LiDO PhD Scholarship: “Vaccine development through graph-based machine learning generated host-pathogen interactome” (£90,672). Funding one PhD student between Royal Veterinary College and UCL.